Friday, November 16, 2007

A Lou Dobbs Binge

Avert your eyes. This is going to be ugly, like a drunk falling off the wagon.

Over a year ago, I raised the question, "Is Lou Dobbs running for something?" Today we have the answer:

"Lou Dobbs for President?" John Fund writes in the Wall Street Journal. "Don’t' laugh...Friends of Mr. Dobbs say he is seriously considering a race..."

In a moment of blinding clarity a while back, I swore off writing about Dobbs. Dobbs-bashing was becoming addictive, and friends were threatening an intervention.

But today's news has me bellying up to the bar again for straight shots. So here's Dobbs in your eye.

And here. And here. And here. And here. And here. And here...

I think I'm beginning to slur my links. Somebody, please, call AA.

4 comments:

Agi said...

2008 is definitely looking to be a three horse race. There is a high probability for a third party candidate to emerge and capitalize on the dissatisfaction of the coveted "independents" and "moderates" that the media so loves. Dobbs just might fit into that scenario - and who needs crazy old Tancredo when you can have Dobbs.

Anonymous said...

The Comandante looks a little like a fit, tan, and rested Spiro T. Agnew.

Jon Swift said...

I think I'm beginning to slur my links.

That made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Here is an excerpt (a link below) that explains it all:

"So, here comes thee reason why should you consider voting for Lou Dobbs should he run: Lou will not betray us like many before him did and many, most likely, will. For me, that's the most important qualification for the next president of the U.S."

from "Why Should You Consider Voting For Lou If He Runs?", by Mark Andrew Dwyer http://www.loudobbs4president.com/news.html
http://www.loudobbs4president.com/news.html