Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Funny Old Folks

Some of the month’s best lines have been delivered, not by stand-up comics, but by public figures so old they should be having trouble standing up at all.

Queen Elizabeth II, 81, making her toast at the White House Dinner after Bush's gaffe: “Mr. President, I wondered whether I should start this toast saying, ‘When I was here in 1776’...”

Former Sen. Mike Gravel, 77, about the Presidential candidates at the Democratic debate: “It’s like going into the Senate. You know the first time you get there you’re all excited--‘My God, how did I ever get here?’ And then, about six months later, you say, ‘How the hell did the rest of them get here?’”

Bob Barker, 83, after being asked what he is going to do in retirement after 35 years of hosting “The Price Is Right”: “Well, I plan to do a little more drinking.”

No comments: